I think it's important to take time to recognize small victories. It has been a GREAT morning with the kids. No fighting, they're playing together great, and I am able to be home (thanks to my maternity leave which my boss was kind enough to give me with pretty much NO notice) to witness it all.
Yesterday was pretty rough for Brent (I am working one to two days a week so that I will be able to be home until the kids go back to school in August), so it's nice to start the day with a positive vibe. Each day, I think it's feeling more permanent for everyone. So, each day, we're gaining ground. Sometimes it feels overwhelming, but I know that we will all gain so much out of this larger family we are building.
At my church small group last night, they asked for how they can pray specifically, and I want to repeat that here, since I know many of our friends and family are praying for us (thank you so much!). We need patience galore, for one thing. We need the 3 girls to get along without competing or leaving one another out. We need Cecil to find ways to calmly work through his frustrations (it's improved so much already!). I need them all to get along and stop bickering in the car, for crying out loud! :-) Anyway, thank God for these moments of happiness and contendedness, because they're so important in pushing through this transition time.
Weather at our house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you are taking time to recognize/share small victories. Praying for you!
Post a Comment