Weather at our house

Monday, July 6, 2009

"I have to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time"

Gotta love that Beatle's song. It definitely comes to mind these days! Week two was a lot easier. I think we're starting to see things shake out a bit and the kids are starting to find their groove with one another. We had a counseling appointment for the whole family on Thursday, which I thought was great, and then things seemed to continue nicely.

We only had one real hiccup the last couple of days, which was Sunday morning. If I am being honest, I think it may have been my fault. I think I let the kiddos stay up too late on 4th of July and I paid for it in grumpiness Sunday at church. I had to be there early for "hospitality" (welcoming people at the door) and we didn't even make it to the beginning of the service because EVERYONE was whining and complaining. I said forget it and headed home (Brent was at work). After sending everyone to their rooms for some quiet time at 11am, everyone emerged in a better place. Something about alone time really helps them crave one another's company!

Here are some pics from a trip to the park the other day. Being outside around 6/7 seems to be the only way to do it since it's so darn hot lately!



Aaaah. The kids are playing and we can sit!


Gotta love Aunt Suz - she sure did do a bit of research after she decided she was going to master Cecianna's hair, and she spent almost 3 hrs getting her hair prepped for a week of camp in a super cute twisty style.


All of the girls decorated their trunks and this was their happy faces moments before we left!





Cecil was real sad when we left since he was the only one that didn't get to go, but that quickly turned around once he realized he got all of the attention! First night, bowling was on the agenda!

It's fun but sad that all girls are gone until Saturday. I hope they're having fun!
"Getting so much better all the time!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! Have a great week! Hope you had a great birthday, Jessica!