Weather at our house

Friday, July 31, 2009

Reflection

What a fun trip we had, but we are loving being home!


Here are some more pics to close things out.

I love the way this one came out at the Arizona border...
At the Hoover Dam...

In a Vegas casino for a buffet...


In Yosemite (so gorgeous!)...



Meeting my grandparents for lunch...


My high school girlfriends and all of our kids...



I had to show my cousin Niki, who we love, when she dropped the kids off after giving us our date night. I'm sure they wore her out, but she showed up with a smile on her face!


At the beach in Santa Cruz...


All the cool kids in the car!


One memory that doesn't show up in pics is that we must have listened to the 4 Taylor Swift songs we have about 50 times (by request from all of the kids). They knew EVERY word by the end of the trip, and sadly, probably Brent & I do too. Another favorite was Wyclef's song "Rwanda" from the Hotel Rwanda soundtrack. Gotta love a little range in your music!
Also, when we were in San Luis Obispo, we had a cool experience where Daisy found a $100 bill in a parking lot. The kids dreamed about what they would buy, and we had just had our brake problems, and could have used the money, but me and the kids waited around to see if anyone came looking for it (it was in a lot that adjoined like 3 restaurants so it wasn't clear where the owner would be). After about 10-15 minutes, Daisy noticed that a teenage boy seemed to be looking around and his mom was circling the block in her truck. We walked up to her and asked if she was looking for something and she said they'd lost a $100 bill. We gave it back and she was ecstatic! The kids felt great about returning it to it's rightful owner! A great lesson that we hadn't planned.
We have so many great memories and although it was long, I am SO glad we did it. That's it about the trip, but I have to throw in this last pic of Clara joking around on her knees - she is cuckoo and hilarious!

No comments: