Weather at our house

Monday, August 10, 2009

Relaxing summer days

Wow, what a whirlwind before school starts! The girls just finished a dance camp last week at McCallum High School, which they loved as usual. Here are our dancers after the show...


We also took a tour of Amy's Ice Cream down the street, which is where they make all of the flavors for the stores all over the city. The kids and some of their friends patiently sat through the presentation and had the reward to show for it at the end!


OK, it's a beer, but you gotta love it when an umbrella says your name!
We came out of a movie with Gabby, our new cousin, and found a rainbow!


This week, we've got a dentist appointment, doctor's appointment, a meeting with the principal, swim lessons, and more! Such a nice relaxing summer. At least I have three days off, because it definitely helps to have full days to fit all of this in.
Despite all of this, Brent and I are actually feeling things calm down. The kids have been finding so many games to play with one another, and we're seeing them work through a lot of the disagreements on their own. We both noticed that we feel much more relaxed - it's great!
My other big excitement is the start of a babysitting co-op with some friends from church. My friend Kate in California has told me about hers and I was so jealous! I've been waiting a year and a half to find the right group to start one here! That means, we could watch everyone's kids one night and then have 3 other date nights/month - what a dream!

2 comments:

Fletcher Kids said...

Man, sweet deal on the bbsitting co-op! I need to start one south. Love the pic of li'l Kretz with her hand raised up to heaven to answer a question. We've been meaning to do that Amy's Ice Cream gig. Thanks for the reminder. Glad things are settling, too.

L. Lear said...

Seeing a picture of the kids is balm to my soul while I'm away. Sounds like there's a rhythm to your life, albeit, full, and with it comes a certain peace that you are exactly where you need to be. Can't wait to embrace all SIX of you! Love, Mom