I love that there are all kinds of activities in Austin to keep us busy (although I seriously hate this weather - for real this year!). Here are the kids at the end of the Ice Cream Festival. I swear they were happier an hour or two earlier when they were spooning ice cream into their mouths!

It's going to be an adjustment for all of us next week when school gets started. This will mean back to homework, sports, getting up early, etc. I have to get back to reality - no fun!
Brent, on the other hand, is thrilled that they are heading back. He is so used to having free days to exercise, keep up with the yard, grocery-shop kid free, and just unwind in general. I am happy for his sake, but we'll keep you posted on the rest of us!


2 comments:
after this hot drought we're in, i'll need my days to get the yard back in shape(2nd picture)
I know our yard in Wenatchee has not suffered like yours in Austin, and I don't envy those 3-digit temperatures. It's lucky that you like to garden. Love to all of you.
Post a Comment