OK, I totally underestimated this whole homework thing. After week one, I realized I needed to get involved 100% in Cecil's homework, about 90% in Cecianna's, about 50-60% in Clara's, and about 5-10% in Daisy's. Unfortunately, they all want that at once, and it is overwhelming. I mean, Brent and/or I are spending from the time the kids finish school until 5 or 6 at night working with them. Then, if we have activities, that means we have to leave it, do the activities, make/eat dinner, get bathing taken care of, and then end up sometimes keeping the kids with remaining homework up until 9 (or even 10, like tonight since we finished it after our church group left our house at 9!). They're getting frustrated - particularly Cecianna - because it's not coming easy. And I know I'm exhausted.
Please pray that it gets easier, because I know a LOT of this is because no one spent this kind of time with Cecianna and Cecil as they did their homework to make sure they were "getting it". They also are adjusting to a school that I think may be a lot more advanced than where they were. Maybe once they're in a better routine with homework and the pace of Gullett, it will not require so much hands-on participation.
Weather at our house
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you're doing great, jess. we'll eventually get over that hump. sorry i was at work and not at home to give you a hand tonight
Jess, now that I'm doing math homework again, I can see how draining it is! And when you're helping with homework x 4(!) it can really be overwhelming. With God's help, you will get through this. The perseverance will pay off. Watch. Wait. We're so for all of you.
Post a Comment