Weather at our house

Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Bit Refreshed

I feel a bit refreshed now after getting to sleep a full 9+ hours last night, and then having my parents watch the kids today from 11a-7p while Brent and I enjoyed the Longhorn tailgating. It was really fun to bounce around unfettered and visit with friends. Maybe we'll have to do this again sometime this season. It's a long day for my parents, but luckily it sounds like the kids did really well.
Tomorrow, we're heading to church with the kids' Grandma in east Austin. She and her daughter (paternal side) are fantastic with all of the kids. They embrace all of us as their family ("Grammy" calls all of us her babies), and the kids and Brent and I have embraced them as well. I love that we have that connection because it helps all of us to step outside of our usual bubble and enjoy new experiences and relationships.

3 comments:

Fletcher Kids said...

Jealous. I want to be "Grammy's" baby, too! :)

Charlotte said...

The more grandmothers the merrier. Grammy looks like a wonderful person..

Bromileys said...

Love that picture. It says so much.