Weather at our house

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Searching for the Kiddos

We're now fully licensed in the adoption process, which leaves us playing the waiting game. We are being submitted by our CPS worker for kids that she thinks suit our family, and the profile of children we have expressed. I honestly would love it if it worked out that a sibling group became available for adoption that was a fit for us before we left for Haiti, because while I'm prepared to go through foster placements, it might save us a little bit of heartache when/if the kids returned to their biological families. This is obviously the goal for the kids, so it would be bittersweet, but if there were two children right now needing a permanent family of their own, I'd love to dive right in. We've been spending time looking at the kids available on the TARE (Texas Adoption Resource Exchange) site, and submitting ourselves for some of the kids there, but we are leaving things in God's hands!

No comments: