that I have avoided for the better part of my adult years. This will probably be my 4th or 5th time there in my 10+ years of being a mom, but it will be worth it because the kids worked their butts off this past couple of weeks. It was so neat to see kids each put in quality time and effort into their challenges. Daisy put together great essays and filled out her application forms, Cecianna has gotten SO much faster at her flash cards, Clara read 6 chapter books, doubling her required amount of 3 (and is SO proud of herself), and Cecil has 3 pages of sentences that have a clear difference between when he started and when he finished. It was a lot of work to remind them to spend time on their tasks, but they pitched in and helped each other too, becausee it was an all or nothing deal.So, even though we will be eating horrible pizza, watching like a hawk for child predators, and throwing away money so that the kids can cash in their tickets on crappy plastic rings and bouncy balls, Brent and I can feel proud of how we got there. And, I might as well go ahead and play some skee ball...since I'm already there...
3 comments:
You must post a pic of you playing!
The two of you are great parents.
Whatever happened to Showbiz? The big guitar playing bear was a little less frightening than the giant rat (flashbacks to my 3rd bday party). Oh my goodness, a CHuck-e-Cheese commercial is playing as I type.
Post a Comment