Weather at our house

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Summer is Approaching

I have been really lame on posting. We have again filled our days with probably too many activities, but we have also had a lot of fun. Cecil and Daisy are finishing out the last week or two of baseball and soccer and we're already starting swimming. We are probably going to regret doing this to ourselves again, but we are swimming with Sarah's (my sister-in-law) team again since she is the head coach. This seems great, but it is Monday-Thursday 4-6pm and Saturdays for swim meets - all in South Austin. That is rough! At least TAKS testing is done this week, so my understanding is that homework will ease up through the end of the year.

Brent and I still haven't decided where we're moving but we're working hard to get the house ready. I have been packing up as much as I can to make our house look spacious and clean and he has been bustin his butt getting the exterior ready. We probably still have a couple of weeks to go. We met with the kids' principal this week and I feel a bit convicted to stay in the school district. We'd planned on looking at a nice spacious house down south, but I just wonder if consistency is really what the kids need most, and that we can sacrifice some of our wants to stay in the neighborhood. There isn't much available bigger than our house and not outrageously expensive, though, so it may be a challenge. We're looking at a house tomorrow that is really outdated, but priced great, and maybe if it's meant to be, we will hurry up and get our house on the market. We're still in prayer about what is the right thing to do.

On a more somber note, my grandfather (dad's dad) who lives with my parents here in town has been diagnosed with cancer and apparently has less than three months to live. Wow. I know he is 90 but it still feels very weird to have a clock ticking like that. The kids are a little worried and sad, but they also understand that he'll be in heaven afterwards so they're encouraged by that.

I'll try to update more soon!

No comments: